Saturday, August 4, 2012

(More) Guided Reading Organization

A few people have e-mailed me about the binders that I use for my guided reading groups...I've always found it easiest to label my reading groups by color. The old versions of my binders that I have on my website look something like this...Eeekkk!




Last year I purchased binders from Staples (and because they are packed somewhere in the stacks of boxes in my room, I can't take a pic for you at this time)...
I created a blank cover sheet for each colored reading group in which I printed on white card stock and laminated. In the square that's on the bottom right-hand corner I place a Post-It with the names of the students in that group. When the groups change, I can take the Post-It off and easily replace it with the new names! You can print off this template by clicking on the link below.
Guided Reading Binder Covers 
So, inside the binders I keep record of what I do with each group. I rarely ever make lesson plans the day before...unless I am gathering materials that I know I will need. I am able to look at the notes I took the day before and begin from there. I created a generic template that I still find helpful today...


You can take a peek and download it or if you look at my Guided Reading Page on ReadingResource you may find some others you'd prefer to use. I know there's a lot of different lesson plans out there, if you have any others, I'd love to hear about them!

0 Shout-Outs:

Post a Comment